Rossignol Experience 88 Flat: Rossignol Experience: With an 88mm waist, the Rossignol Experience 88 boasts the perfect dimension to be the pair of Rossignol skis that performs great in all conditions and types of terrain. Advanced and expert skiers will get the most out of this new strain of all-mountain Rossignol skis, which combines the best of the latest ski technologies. Underfoot, the Experience 88 is traditionally cambered, giving you the power and grip to carve round turns, yet transition at any point. The rocker of the tip and tail ease turn initiation, especially in tight and technical terrain, such as trees, where the rocker will also enhance floatation on untracked terrain. Regardless of whether the snow is fresh, light and fluffy, or sunbaked, crusty and windblown, the 88mm waist will make blasting through anything effortless. You’ll always have plenty of ski-to-snow contact with the underfoot camber so you can tear up the groomers, but you’ll have the added benefit of a rockered tip and tail that improves agility.
Auto Turn - The Experience 88 is engineered with Rossignol’s Auto Turn, which means that 70% of the ski, extending from underfoot, has a traditional high camber that provides the power and edge grip you expect from a true carving ski. The low rocker of the tip and tail compose the remaining 30%, which aids in turn initiation and increases floatability in powder.
Cascade Tip - The new Cascade Tip in Rossignol skis is composed of staggered metal and fiberglass laminates, lightening-up the tip. The engineered layering buffers tip torsion, keeping your edge in contact with the snow through your turns, and smoothing your turn transitions.
Extended Sidecut - The sidecut of the Experience 88 Rossignol skis extends in the rockered tip and tail to provide increased stability at high speeds. In powerful turns, with high edge angles, more sidecut surface area engages as the rockered regions come into tighter contact with the snow under flex, giving you the edge grip you’d expect from traditional camber Rossignol skis. The agility of the Experience 88 Rossignol skis at low speeds is also increased as a result of less ski-snow contact with the rockered tip and tail.
Mini Cap Sandwich – wood cores makes the skis very durable, sandwiched between fiberglass and high-tech laminates, with 30 degree sidewalls. The Mini Cap construction increases the top sheet durability by resisting chips. The 30 degree incline of the sidewalls improve swing weight, lighten the ski, and improve edge grip.
Size 162 - 170 - 178 - 186
Structure MINICAP SANDWICH
Core FIBERGLASS WOOD
Camber height HIGH
Rocker height LOW
Camber length *70%*
Rocker length *30%*
Tip CASCADE TIP
Profile sidecut EXTENDED
Tip protector INOX RUBBER
70% Camber 30% Rocker
Author: Dan-Director of Front Range Operations
I skied the Rossignol Experience 88 at Copper Mountain last week and was impressed by the skis versatility and ease. This ski is great as a one ski quiver for someone looking for the "do everything in all conditions ski"! I would recommend it for and upper intermediate through advanced skier. I loved it.