Obermeyer Kodiak Jacket - Men's:
A synthesis of big mountain simplicity and great technical performance features. Warmth in a lighter weight PrimaLoft® Black ECO insulation makes the Kodiak a go-to jacket on and off the mountain. Extremely versatile, the Kodiak uses stretch fabrics and insulation for a durable and uncomplicated fit. 25,000mm waterproof/breathable, Recco® equipped, removable helmet compatible adjustable hood, multi-function neckgaiter, YKK® Vislon® zippers. Fully seam sealed.
FABRIC: HydroBlock® Elite 100% Polyester Plain Weave 2-Way Stretch with 85% Nylon, 15% Elastane 4-Way Stretch
INSULATION: PrimaLoft® Black ECO 80gm
- Obermeyer independently third party tests all of its technical fabrics for performance verification. Our high performance specialty fabrics use fully coated hydrophobic laminations and a superior DWR polymer coating for stain protection and coating integrity. HydroBlock® Prime resists up to 25,000mm before water penetration while allowing 25,000 grams of water vapor to pass through within a 24-hour time frame.
Fully seam sealed
- Seams are a weak point when trying to create a completely waterproof garment. The tiny puncture holes can potentially allow water to penetrate the fabric. Seam sealing is the application of waterproof tape to the inside of the garment that aids in waterproofing.
Recco® Rescue Reflector
- Recco® is an avalanche rescue system utilized worldwide to facilitate the rapid location of burials. The two parts, reflector and detector, enable rapid pinpointing using harmonic radar but are not a substitute for transceiver use. Complementary in function, the Recco® system increases the chance of being found in time.
Control Zone Ventilation™ with Mesh Gussets
- Strategically placed adjustable openings and closures for core thermal regulation. Different placements allow you to release and control your body temperature. Underarm vent zips, thigh vents, jacket closures with mesh gussets all insure the greatest flexibility while maintaining waterproof/windproof closures to meet the most challenging weather conditions and aerobic exertion.
Full-Motion™ Fusion fit - engineered construction using stretch fabric and lining
Removable powder skirt with Snap-Away™ system
- A powder skirt actually performs a couple of other functions beside keeping powder snow from reaching your core section. When the skirt is snapped and in use it helps reduce heat lost from the bottom of the hem. Keeping you a bit warmer and the elements out.
- Garments at Obermeyer are patterned for ease of movement. Extra length in sleeves and pre-curved arms are crafted to accommodate the arms' range of motion.
- Adjustable cuffs with inner stretch thumbhole
- YKK® zipper sleeve pocket
- Full-length interior windguard with fleece chin protector
- Interior electronics pocket with cord routing port
- Adjustable interior hem drawcord
- MFNG™ - Multi-Function Neckgaiter
- Detachable, scratch-free goggle cloth
- Fleece-lined collar