Smith I/OX Blackout Goggles
The extra-large spherical lens of the I/OX allows unparalleled peripheral vision, while 5X™ anti-fog technology provides five times the fog absorption compared to anything else on the market. This technology combined with the interchangeable lens keeps you on the mountain all day, regardless of the conditions.
- Quick Release lens change system
- Includes bright light and low light ChromaPop™ performance lenses
- Spherical carbonic-x lens - Smith's carbonic-x outer lens material is individually molded to offer optimum scratch and impact resistance, increased visual acuity and enhanced contrast sensitivity. The carbonic-x material meets Class 1 optical standards. there is simply no better lens.
- 5X™ anti-fog inner lens - The most advanced anti-fog lens ever created. Building upon the hydrophilic, micro-etched surface area principles of our Fog-X lenses, our revolutionary, 5X anti-fog inner lens has been engineered to provide more than five times the absorptive properties of anything on the market. Initial testing showed standard anti-fog lenses fogging between 30-50 seconds. Smiths proprietary, 5X anti-fog treatment withstood fogging for over 120 seconds in controlled lab tests.
- TLT lens technology for crystal clear vision - when light passes through a medium it refracts, i.e. changes course. If left uncorrected, this refraction can cause visual distortion and eye fatigue. Smith's Tapered Lens Technology straightens out the incoming light rays by progressively tapering the lens from the optical center toward the peripheral view. What this means for you is that you see with 100% accuracy and maximum comfort.
- Patented Porex™ Filter prevents optical distortion during changes in elevation - Changes in elevation bring changes in atmospheric pressure. These forces have the potential to diminish the optics of thermal lens systems. Smith’s patented Porex™ F?ilter solves this issue by allowing the air pressure within the sealed lens chamber to equalize with the ambient atmospheric pressure ensuring class 1 optical standards. PATENT # 7865977
- Medium/Large fit
- Responsive Fit™ frame design
- QuickFit strap adjustment system with clip buckle
- 3-layer DriWix face foam
- Helmet compatible - Goggles and helmets designed to fit and function as a complete system
- AirEvac™ integration technology to reduce fogging
- Ultra-wide, silicone backed strap
- Rotating outrigger positioning system
*Includes microfiber goggle bag with replacement lens sleeve.