TESTED IN LABS. PROVEN ON EXPEDITIONS. TRUSTED BY ATHLETES.
It begins with our world-class athletes. Their suggestions, recommendations and new equipment ideas provide the inspiration and challenges that drive the research and development of advanced materials, innovative design and construction. The most crucial step involves testing both in our laboratories and with our athletes on expeditions around the world.
Protect Our Winters - Hot Planet. Cool Athletes.
• Hot Planet/Cool Athletes connects high school and middle school students with our most powerful messengers – our athletes. Through a partnership with Protect Our Winters, our professional athletes share firsthand accounts of how climate change is affecting their sport, making climate change digestible for students.
• Each assembly ends with an inspirational call to action and the opportunity for students to win a Powder Grant for their school to bring their best climate-fighting ideas to life.
• The Hot Planet/Cool Athletes assembly runs 45 minutes and is completely free. Visit the website to request an athlete visit your school.
Athlete: Sage Cattabriga-Alosa | Skier
Xavier de le Rue
First and foremost Xavier De Le Rue is a mountain lover and this is at the core of all he does. In his heart he is a freerider - and spends his time in the powder whenever conditions allow. His love and skills for both powder and big mountain riding have achieved wide recognition, and Xavier continues receiving major awards from the snowboarding scene year after year.
Stay dry and move seamlessly.
Our proprietary fuseform construction technique vastly improves on our own innovative breakthroughs of the past. It’s a revolutionary weaving process that blends thicker, more-durable threads with lighter, lower-density fibers in high-wear zones, effectively reducing overall weight and creating a seamless transition from tougher to lighter zones.
• Innovative design enhances protection and function
• Seamless fabric construction eliminates panel overlays
• Trimmer fit allows better range-of-motion
• Fabric density: 70 Denier
• Fabric density: 40 Denier
• Seamless fusion
THE NEW SYNTHETIC ALTERNATIVE TO DOWN.
The North Face™ developed a partnership with PrimaLoft® to offer a new synthetic alternative to down. ThermoBall™ is a revolution in insulation technology. Unlike traditional, continuous-filament synthetic insulations, the small round PrimaLoft® synthetic fiber clusters closely to mimic down clusters; trapping heat within small air pockets to retain warmth.
• ThermoBall Collection features ThermoBall insulation technology
• Phenomenal warmth in cold and wet conditions
• Packs neatly into zipp pocket (not all styles pack into zipper pocket.)
• Insulates even when wet